Q: New key 2000 beetle, won't turn on ignition

I lost the only key that I had so I ordered a new key from vw and went to put it in the ignition to program the key fob, and the key won't turn the ignition on to program it, what do I need to do to get the key to turn the ignition on. Thank you for your help

Likely, the cause of your issue is that your key was cut incorrectly. I would make sure you gave VW the correct VIN number when you had the key made. You may need to get another key made. If this does not solve your issue, I would recommend having a qualified mechanic look into your igniton. It is also likely that you will have to replace your ignition.

3. New key 2000 beetle, won't turn on ignition