Q: New car needed brakes fixed at 12,000 miles

Bought my car new just over a year ago, and was having vibration in the steering wheel and the back end when braking. They had to turn all 4 rotors to fix it (it was under warranty, and the car had 12,000 miles). I don't tow anything with the car, nor do I drive or brake hard. The dealer said that it happens and it's no big deal. Is this something to be concerned about?

Not really. Rotor life really depends on the type of vehicle and the way it’s driven. If you ever have concerns regarding your braking system, the team at YourMechanic offers expert brake inspections.

3. New car needed brakes fixed at 12,000 miles