Q: New car battery drained.

Something is draining my car battery even though the battery was new. The alternator is good. The visor light sometimes comes on by itself on the driver's side. The prior owner changed headlight to HLD with a booster.

Hi there. The most obvious reason that your battery is being drained quickly would be a defective switch in the visor that is intermittently staying on. Most of the visors have a small pin switch that could kill your battery if it comes on without you having any knowledge of that. My recommendation is to have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come and check your visor switch to see if it is the cause of the battery going dead.

3. New car battery drained.