Q: New battery alternator and starter car ran for an hour then stalled and won't crank back up battery is dead

asked by on March 09, 2018

2 new batteries new alternator new starter ran the car on cruise control for an hour then drove it within the city begin to slow down in the car started to stall I begin to lose all power when I cut off the bright lights I get more power but all lights in the car is very dim car stall real bad for a mile but it made it home with me revving the engine real hard and when I got home it just cut off and wont crank no more

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The term "short circuit" is probably the most overused term in technology, but I think it might apply in your case. It sounds like there is some connection or device that is shorting you battery and charging system to ground and quickly draining you battery. It could be a defective alternator, a problem in one of the power distribution boxes, an accessory like a power amp that is not hooked up correctly, or any number of other issues. Checking for shorts on a modern car is tricky because there are so many circuits that are live even when everything is turned off. So I recommend you bring in professional help. Contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your electrical problem and let you know what it is going to take.