Q: Why won't my 2013 Ford Fusion accelerate past 5 mph

asked by on May 07, 2017

My car is starting but won't accelerate past 5 miles

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. This can be caused by a number of different things. It could be because the vehicle is in limp mode or because there is an issue with a sensor or the throttle body. I would usually scan the computer for codes first to see if anything comes up. If there are no codes then I check the sensor readings to make sure that they are all reading correctly. At that point if everything looks fine then I check the fuel pressure and do a compression test to see if there are other issues. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the vehicle will not accelerate] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-slow-to-accelerate-inspection