Q: New axle and bearing in driver's front, now shaking and clicking

Paid a guy off Craigslist to install new CV axle (whole) and he also said it needed new wheel bearings. It now shakes like crazy and like makes a consistent tick. Almost like I have a flat. Please help from out of state

Hi, thanks for writing in. CV axles for your van should be done in a shop. They need to be pressed when putting in the new axle. I am sorry to say, but you will need to take you car to a shop and have them check it out. I have tried to do these jobs before without a shop and it was extremely difficult and it was not a complete job. He may not have left some supports on the axle loose causing it to knock or even the nut that is connected to the hub.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this issue for you, and perform the necessary replacement.