Q: Need to find out what part of the car im looking at

Im under my mazda tribute trying to figure out what part im looking at. Its by the oil filter and its part of the oil system i think. Just domt know what the part is called. I can send a picture. Can you tell me what the part is?

Hi there:

If it’s leaking oil from that part, it’s possible that it’s an oil cooler (specifically the cooler lines are the ones that tend to leak overtime). However, the best way for us to identify it is for you to send a clickable link of the image; as it’s not possible to upload an image through the Ask a Mechanic inquiry yet.

3. Need to find out what part of the car im looking at