Q: Need help finding the name of the plastic ring that holds the shifter in place

Hi. I just need to know the name of the plastic ring that holds the shifter in place. The one that has three ends that need to be pushed in, in order to take out and remove the shifter. I need to replace that because the pins were expanded a bit too much when I took out the ring to install a new short shifter and now since the ring isn't being held well in place as before, it jitters around too much and makes getting into gears a tad bit uncomfortable cause the ring doesn't hold the shifter in place like before. If you can tell me the name of that little ring that holds the shifter in place I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Hi there. The part that you are looking to replace is called a shifter seal and there is also a shifter spacer. The spacer is the plastic ring that hold the shifter in place. The metal shifter seal is the thin wavy seal that goes on the top of the shifter. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your shifter to have this addressed.

• Need help finding the name of the plastic ring that holds the shifter in place