Q: Navigation unit drains battery

My navigation DVD is running all the time and drains the battery. I can't find the fuse for it other wise I would remove it. And the chart that I have wasn't helpful at all. Do you know which fuse controls the Navigation unit? Thanks.

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2006 BMW 760Li. The navigation module is fuse F76 in the luggage compartment. It is a 10 amp fuse. Unfortunately, this fuse looks like it powers other components as well, including the power seats. Plus, removing the module from the CAN bus may adversely affect other parts of the car. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your navigation system to see why it’s staying on. Proper repair is the best way to go.