Q: My vehicle 2000 grand caravan. Wont shift into 2nd gear i have low when put in 3rd to try coming up through the gears it wont shif

asked by on May 07, 2017

My van wont shift into 2nd gear I have replaced shift selinoid pack input and output speed sensors could it be my transmission control module or torque converter

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. When having issues shifting, the first thing you want to do is check the level of your transmission fluid. The hydraulic fluid is what allows the gears to be changed, and it is a very sensitive system if low on fluid. If you have not done a transmission filter and fluid change in the last 100,000 miles, then it is time to do one. This will also let you know if the fluid is burned, or has other signs of a bigger problem. It also allows you to inspect the bottom of the transmission once the pan is off and the fluid is drained out. The fluid and pan can then be inspected for metal shavings or signs that the transmission has failed. While it is technically possible that your control module could be failing, you would be having other issues as well. It is unlike your torque converter considering the symptoms, but considering the mileage on the vehicle, it is difficult to say without further inspection. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.