Q: my vans steering wheel is shaking when i accelerate do i need to have the tires balanced? can i resurface my rotor myself? how?

when I accelerate above 40 MPH my steering wheel shakes incessantly, as well as when i slow down if i'm going over 40 MPH, recently i've replaced calipers, rotors and pads. my question is is there anything i can do at home to fix this problem, im new to the mechanic aspect of this but am recently homeless and cant afford to take my car to the shop

A: A vibration at above 40 miles per hour soun...

A vibration at above 40 miles per hour sounds like a bad tire or a tire balance issue. Most automotive repair facilities will check your front tires for no charge at all. It only takes a few minutes and it's not complicated. They can visually inspect the tires and verify that nothing is falling apart causing a safety concern.

Best of luck and call around a few local shops, ask to have your tires checked for vibration. Chances are you will find someone willing to help for no charge.