Q: my vans steering wheel is shaking when i accelerate do i need to have the tires balanced? can i resurface my rotor myself? how?

when I accelerate above 40 MPH my steering wheel shakes incessantly, as well as when i slow down if i'm going over 40 MPH, recently i've replaced calipers, rotors and pads. my question is is there anything i can do at home to fix this problem, im new to the mechanic aspect of this but am recently homeless and cant afford to take my car to the shop

A vibration at above 40 miles per hour sounds like a bad tire or a tire balance issue. Most automotive repair facilities will check your front tires for no charge at all. It only takes a few minutes and it’s not complicated. They can visually inspect the tires and verify that nothing is falling apart causing a safety concern.

Best of luck and call around a few local shops, ask to have your tires checked for vibration. Chances are you will find someone willing to help for no charge.

3. my vans steering wheel is shaking when i accelerate do i need to have the tires balanced? can i resurface my rotor myself? how?