Q: My van is shifting very slowly, I have to mash down on the gas to get enough speed for it to shift. Could it be the speed sensor?

I have to mash down on the gas pedal to get my transmission to shift. We just replaced the filter and transmission fluid. Could it be the speed sensor?

Hi there. It is possible that your issue is caused by a faulty speed sensor or just an obstruction of transmission fluid that needs to be flushed. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection so they can determine what is causing this problem and recommend the right repairs.

3. My van is shifting very slowly, I have to mash down on the gas to get enough speed for it to shift. Could it be the speed sensor?