Q: My trunk light won't come on even though the bulb works and I have power. Does the light come on through the ground? Where?

My trunk light does not work. I tested the bulb to a battery and it works. I tested for power with a test light grounding to a bolt in the trunk and I have power. I wired the ground wire to the ground bolt near the light and it comes on, but won't turn off. Where does the trunk tell the light to come on? I checked the fuses also and they're all good. There is a plug coming off of the inner trunk latch for the key trunk opener. I used my test light and pressed the button and I got power. So there's three wires in that specific plug. I couldn't test two of them so I assume one is ground, one is the open the trunk with the key, and that other wire has to be a sensor I think. I'm not sure though so I hope you may have the answer for me but for now I will have to put the eyelet on the little bolt every time I need it lol

3. My trunk light won't come on even though the bulb works and I have power. Does the light come on through the ground? Where?