Q: My truck's battery volts keep dropping and I can't accelerate

I have a 1996 chevy pickup 5.7 k1500 the past couple of weeks i would be driving and all of a sudden my battery volts would drop to around 8v and i couldn t accelerate past 1500rpms... if i kept it under it it slowly cruise up to 60 but thats only if i kept it under 1500rpms it does it like twice a week just randomly then after a bit it would stop and the truck would run like it never happened im thinking it might be my alternator but im not sure any ideas will be appreciated

A: Hi there. Intermittent power loss could be ...

Hi there. Intermittent power loss could be caused by a loose wire or the computer losing power. First, try checking the battery and alternator connections. Make sure that all of the cables are tight and free from any corrosion. Then, check the computer’s ground and make sure that the ground is clean and tight. If you need further assistance troubleshooting this issue, then seek out a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to assist you with your power problem.