Q: My truck runs rough/stalls when I turn at low speed and low rpm.

asked by on July 15, 2017

My truck is running rough and/or stalling when I make a turn at low speed and low rpm. I only noticed it happening when I make a right turn. I just recently noticed my truck idling rough but found that one of my spark plugs was gapped wrong, and when i fixed that it started idling just fine. After I fixed that I noticed the stalling issue. My truck ran really rough when i was making a right turn at a stop light. The next day it stalled doing the same thing. The power steering went out, and the lights were still on.

Hi there. In most cases, this will occur due to an obstruction of fuel or the inability to correctly mix the right ratio of fuel to oxygen. This could be due to dirty or clogged fuel injectors, throttle body or a mass air flow senor or idle control valve that is faulty or needs to be cleaned. It might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car starts then dies inspection, so they can correctly diagnose this problem.