Q: My truck rpm is going down while I accelerate

Hello , I have a question , my truck starts shaking when I accelerate the gas (my truck is on park) also the Rpm goes down when I press the gas , I have it on (park) and when I press it takes a long time to accelerate. , the truck doesn't turn off. Can anyone tell me what it could be ?

Hi There, It sounds like you are describing the symptoms of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.