Q: My TC light is on and I don't know what that means. Got this car 2 weeks ago.

My TC light is on and I don't know what that means. Got this car 2 weeks ago.

Hi, thanks for writing in. The TC light is the traction control light. This light will come on when the traction control has a malfunction or when it has been deactivated by the switch. Usually the traction control issues are related to wheel speed sensors and are often times accompanied by ABS lights as well. I would recommend having the trouble codes read with an OBD-II scanner to determine what the cause of the warning light is. Once this has been done, the part that is faulty can be replaced by a qualified technician and the issue should be resolved. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this warning light for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.

• My TC light is on and I don't know what that means. Got this car 2 weeks ago.