Q: What does the traction control system (TCS) off light mean?

What does the traction control system (TCS) off light mean?

If the “Traction Control System (TCS) off” Warning Indicator Light is on in the dashboard, this is an indication that the traction control system (TCS) has been disengaged.

When adverse weather conditions are present such as ice, snow, or rain, vehicle tires can lose traction and drivers may lose control of the vehicle. The traction control system works to prevent this from happening. When the traction control system is engaged, it uses wheel sensors to counteract oversteering and understeering by applying the brakes to specific wheels. The wheel sensors indicate when it is necessary to apply the brakes to a specific wheel or wheels that are slipping. The TCS in some vehicles will also reduce power and engine speed in order to allow drivers to retain control of the vehicle. Although the purpose of the traction control system is to allow drivers the ability to maintain control of the vehicle, using caution when driving in adverse weather conditions is still necessary.

If you believe that there is a problem with your traction control system contact a certified technician, to complete an inspection of your traction control system.

3. What does the traction control system (TCS) off light mean?