Q: Q: My sunroof won't close

My car's electric sunroof is stuck and won't close. When I press the button to close it, I hear a very faint click. I am not sure what to do about it. Any tips?

Hey there. The sunroof uses a motor and a track that opens and closes the sunroof. The tracks are usually plastic and can begin to lose teeth, which does not let them operate. In cases where the sunroof fails to close the car, you can try turning the car on and off or letting it sit for a few minutes before trying again. Trying too many times can stop the track gears and the roof will not close at all. You may be having a problem with the motor or a blown fuse causing the problem. I recommend having a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your sunroof issue and make any repairs that are needed.

3. Q: My sunroof won't close