My son has a 1994 mustang that was turned from a manual t...

Q: My son has a 1994 mustang that was turned from a manual to an auto trans before he bought it. It seems to be stuck in gear. Goes

asked by on June 07, 2017

My son has a 1994 mustang that was turned from a manual to an auto trans before he bought it. It seems to be stuck in gear. Goes in reverse just fine. We have changed the pan and solenoid and replaced all the transmission fluid. It seemed to work for a few minutes but then started to hesitate and act like it was stuck in gear again. Any suggestions?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first step is to see if you can manually switch the transmission into a gear where the gear selector connects to the outside of the transmission. If you cannot, there is an interior issue with the mechanics or hydraulics in the unit rather than the linkage. At that point considering you already did a fluid change, you want to seek a transmission specialist. If it seems like the vehicle is unresponsive to the gas pedal, your may have a torque converter problem. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.