Q: My key won't start the car

Turned off car 30 min later went to start car Key won't turn in ignition and steering wheel is unlocked

Q: My car's key turns but doesn't come out. My car will not crank either. What is the problem?

Start by gently wiggling the key to the left, the right, upwards, and down. If the key is damaged or bent, you will have to compensate for that damage in order to remove it. The lock's cylinders can collect dirt,...

Q: Both rear tires will not rotate.

It's not unusual for brakes to basically rust "shut" if a car sits for a long time. The corrosion can be so complete, the car's wheels will literally be locked in place. If the wheels won't free up by trying...

Q: Car will not start/no fuel - 1989 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL

If you are certain it is the fuel (i.e. you have confirmed good spark at the plugs), start with power to the fuses (fuel pump), then the fuel pump relay to follow the power path to the fuel pump. It's...