Q: My illuminated entry system is not working

I have a 2013 Avalon. The illuminated entry system is not functioning. It has functioned in the past. When I approached the car, the interior lights would go on. This no longer happens. The interior light does go on when the door is opened.

If the interior light is not coming on at all, check for a bad fuse or bulb. It is also possible the "door open" switch has malfunctioned. Failing to invoke the illuminated entry system when approaching the vehicle could be a weak battery in the key fob, not allowing the car to sense your presence. If still under warranty, check with your Toyota dealer for fixes to these problems. If not, I would recommend having your electrical components inspected by a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.