Q: My illuminated entry system is not working

I have a 2013 Avalon. The illuminated entry system is not functioning. It has functioned in the past. When I approached the car, the interior lights would go on. This no longer happens. The interior light does go on when the door is opened.

A: If the interior light is not coming on at a...

If the interior light is not coming on at all, check for a bad fuse or bulb. It is also possible the "door open" switch has malfunctioned. Failing to invoke the illuminated entry system when approaching the vehicle could be a weak battery in the key fob, not allowing the car to sense your presence. If still under warranty, check with your Toyota dealer for fixes to these problems. If not, I would recommend having your electrical components inspected by a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.