Q: My front driver's side window is broken

My window rolled down and I heard some metal plates fall. I opened up the panel and found a plastic bracket and a spring loose inside my door. Im not sure where I should go to get this fixed. The motor and cable still seem to be intact but the window just wont move now. I got the window up and the cable still seems to have tension and is connected to the motor. Can I have your mechanic come inspect this or should I take it somewhere to get looked at first?

Hello. The window and window regulator would need to be inspected for a broken window regulator or the bottom window bracket came loose from the window and the window needs replaced. Once the door panel is removed the parts can be inspected for the regulator being broken at one end of the regulator. You may want to schedule a windows inspection to verify the problem. However, you most likely have a broken window regulator and this way the mechanic comes prepared to replace the regulator and does not have to make two trips to fix it.

3. My front driver's side window is broken