Q: My fog lamp in my car started to become swollen and have a very big white area on it.

My fog lamp in my car started to become swollen or "puffed up" and have a very big white area on it. The halogen bulb works just fine, but The white spot is becomming bigger and bigger ... i'm afraid it's gonna snap .. whats the problem exactly?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be experiencing several issues. With the halogen bulbs and the great light they emit, also comes a considerable amount of heat. Typically the cases, or glass surrounding the filament is capable of controlling this heat. Chances are something has failed with the bulb, and it is either producing excess heat, or the casing has failed and is allowing that heat to escape. It is likely not going to get better on its own, and you will want to start by replacing the bulb. If the problem continues after the bulb has been replaced, you know that there is something causing excess heat. At that point, you are looking at an electrical issue that will need further testing. Start by replacing the bulb, as it is most likely to fail out of the circuit. For help replacing the bulb or any further testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My fog lamp in my car started to become swollen and have a very big white area on it.