Q: My fans stay on when I turn my car on and my temperature gauge stays on cool and will not move up even when the car is running

My fans stay on when my vehicle is running and my temperature Gage will not move from cool even when car is running my temperature gauge will not move from cool

A: Hey there. This can be caused by a number o...

Hey there. This can be caused by a number of things such as low coolant levels, a faulty thermostat, or a failing coolant fan switch.

As you may know, the coolant fan switch helps to maintain the proper coolant temperature by turning on and off at specific temperature thresholds. When this switch is not working properly, this can cause the fans to come on intermittently, all the time or sometimes not at all.

In your case, if they are on continuously, this may not allow the car to reach normal operating temperature as you have noticed. When this happens, you will notice a temperature spike and drop occasionally as the fan comes on and off. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your cooling system and pinpoint any needed repairs.