Q: How do I know if my battery or my starter is weak?

I have a 2009 honda cr-v. When I start the car it's slow to turn over, takes about 3 seconds and then it starts and runs fine. My battery is over 2 years old, I live in Vegas and I heard batteries don't last long in the heat. Does this sound like a battery or starter issue or possibly something else?

This is likely related to a weak battery. You are correct in that batteries generally do not last long in heat or in extreme cold weather for that matter. The average life span for a battery in an area such as Las Vegas is likely around 2-3 years due to the heat. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your starting issue firsthand and replace your battery.