Q: My engine is over heating and there no heat coming out in the cabin when turning the heat on, I've replaced the water pump and the

A few days going to work one morning and the heater didn't work on the car then later that day coming home from work the car started to over heat I got it cooled down then turned it off and made it Home stopping and cooling it down, I then replaced the thermostat thinking that might be it, same thing happened so I went and got a new water pump installed that and still getting the same results neither the heater is working and the car still over heats. The fans are working as well so I know it isn't that and there's enough coolant on the car as well

Trapped air can cause both overheating, and lack of cabin heat, so hopefully after you replaced the thermostat, all air was purged from the cooling system. Assuming the cabin heater control valve is functioning, a common reason for no cabin heat during overheating is the coolant can boil, create trapped air and that trapped air then blocks coolant circulation to and through the heater core. Of course, it is also possible that you coincidentally (coincident to the engine overheating) have a blocked heater core and/or, as noted, a malfunctioning heater control valve. In any event, the most important thing is to fix the overheating problem first as overheating can damage the engine. The most common causes of overheating include low coolant level (including that due to leaks), a faulty thermostat (obviously, you just replaced yours), a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket, poor engine running condition or exhaust blockages can also cause overheating. If you desire that this overheating problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My engine is over heating and there no heat coming out in the cabin when turning the heat on, I've replaced the water pump and the