Q: My engine immediately goes to max throttle when i start it. It is a carburetor engine and i think its a vacuum leak but not sure.

My engine immediately goes to max throttle when i start it. It is a carburetor engine and i think its a vacuum leak but not sure

This may be a sign of a vacuum leak. High idle speeds or in some cases rough idle, stalling and hissing sounds are common signs of a vacuum leak. When a vacuum leak is present in an engine, this causes an excessive imbalance in the air/fuel ratio which creates a loss of power and causes the motor to run at a much higher RPM as a result of the increased oxygen present in the fuel charge being injected into the motor. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vacuum leak as these can be very difficult and time consuming to trace.

3. My engine immediately goes to max throttle when i start it. It is a carburetor engine and i think its a vacuum leak but not sure.