Q: My Chrysler 200 2012 has no coolant and it won't start and it's smoking from the back

asked by on August 16, 2017

No coolant car won't start the engine knocks and smoke comes out the back

Hi Misty. Typically when your radiator does not have coolant inside of it, this means that you have either a coolant leak somewhere that is causing it to leak onto the ground or there is an internal leak caused by damage to a major engine component - like a damaged cylinder head gasket or crack in the engine block. When you add the smoke coming out of the tail pipe, it tends to lean towards the internal engine damage causing the coolant leak issue. When coolant is mixed with engine oil or finds its way into the combustion chamber, it is burned, and will produce white smoke that comes out of the engine. This is typically accompanied by sluggish acceleration, and sometimes overheating problems. The only advice that I can offer is to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a coolant leak inspection to verify this and recommend the right repairs or how to move forward.