Q: My Chevy will die after it has warmed up, as if I shut the key off

After my truck dies if I go under the hood start twisting the distributor it will finally click like it made spark and I can usually get it to start sometimes I have to do it more than once. In the last year I've put a fuel pump, distributor, plugs, wires, new computer, in it but still have some problems keeping it running could it be a funny acting relay?

A: Hi there. Any number of components can keep...

Hi there. Any number of components can keep your vehicle engine from running. It would appear you have already replaced several of the components. Ignition timing does not typically change unless you change it by turning the distributor. The ignition timing should be set and left alone.

I’m lead to believe, while you are under the hood twisting the distributor, you are touching something that has a poor or loose electrical connection. The ground wires at the thermostat housing are a common area of failure. Identifying what is lost (spark, fuel, or both) at the time of no start is important. This would help direct you to the area requiring diagnosis. Assuming the Check Engine Light is not on, this leads me to believe the computer is not recognizing the fault and a firsthand assessment of the symptoms will be needed. If you would like to have this addressed, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling issue and proceed with correct repairs.