Q: My car wont start and i dont know why

When i tried to start it later in the year last year, it backfired and sounded like a twelve gauge. I have gas spraying into my oil, my intake is cracked, shocks and struts are messed up, i have a coolant leak, and it doesnt like to run smooth as in it takes forever to accelerate and its skippy when it does. It's almost like the catalytic converter is going out but i just took it off last summer and replaced it with a straight pipe. It was welded on there so i doubt that's what it is but that is why i'm asking these questions.

I would first at least determine the source of the cooling leak to make sure it is not in the head gasket area, or other troublesome area to repair, because if it is that repair (of the leak) has to be dealt with first. If the leak does have a mundane cause (such as a broken radiator hose or even a leaky water pump), you can leave that repair aside for the moment while you deal with the fuel contamination of the oil and the failure to start. To diagnose the failure to start, you have to have a solid intake (can’t have cracks and vacuum leaks). If you search at Car-Part.com you will easily find plenty of low cost used intakes that are an exact match for your car. Once you have a proper intake, the fuel issue has to be repaired; that might be due to leaking fuel injectors which, by the way, could cause a no start condition if those leaking injectors are flooding the cylinder with raw gas. Another issue you might be facing is if the car has sat for a while, the gas is probably stale. If the gas in the tank has been there for more than 3 months, in the course of diagnosing this, you will have to thoroughly drain the tank and replace the stale gas with fresh gas. The shocks and struts are a non-issue inasmuch as those are bolt on parts that can be replaced at any time once you get the car running. My advice is request a no-start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will look at what you have in toto and give you an orderly path, set out the required repairs and cost, and get the vehicle running again for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.