Q: My car won't start - 2007 Jeep Wrangler

Parked my jeep and it started to roll backwards. The transmission was in park. I tried to start the engine but couldnt. lights work and the car was running fine

A: Hi there. The vehicle being in park and sti...

Hi there. The vehicle being in park and still rolling leads me to believe that the shift cable may have broken. The shifter mechanism also may have broken. In either case, this would prevent the engine from turning over.

I recommend having your vehicle inspected by a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your location to determine why your car is not starting.