Q: My car was over heating and I put coolant in it and then not even a couple seconds later it started spraying all of what I put In

All the fluid I put in the coolant tank sprayed out the side of the hose as soon as I put it in but before that it was smoking all down the highway

Overheating can be caused by a number of reasons. If the thermostat is stuck closed, coolant will not circulate through the engine and into the radiator to be cooled. Same goes for if there is a blockage in the system, due to something ;like a clogged radiator. In rare instances, the water pump impeller can separate from the pulley internally and not circulate the coolant. Also a cracked head gasket can cause rapid overheating. If the gasket is damaged next to a coolant passage, engine combustion can get into the cooling system and rapidly overheat the engine. The vehicle should not be driven until a certified technician looks into the overheating as the engine can be severely damaged.

• My car was over heating and I put coolant in it and then not even a couple seconds later it started spraying all of what I put In