Q: My car started making a loud noise and I smelled burning

My car was driving well and once I stopped at a light and started again it was making a loud noise when I push on the gas pedal and I started smelling a burning smell and once I got home I cut it off to look under the hood and stuff and I went to start it up and I heard a loud popping noise.

I would have this issue that you are writing in about inspected and the cause pinpointed in a vehicle noise diagnostic. There are many, many components that could account for the noise, not to mention the variety of leak sources that could account for the odor. Some possibilities are not expensive to repair and all can be repaired right at your location. Thus, I encourage you to seek out the diagnostic and then with the mechanic’s advice and explanation, you can decide how best to handle it. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My car started making a loud noise and I smelled burning