Q: My car shakes and turns off when im low on gas why? 02 isuzu axiom about to hit 200k miles

Having a difficult issue with my 02 isuzu axiom it shakes for some reason, and 2 times has it turned off once off the highway after a 1hr and 45 min trip and 2nd just stopping at a stop sign why? I have did tune up with coils and etc so not sure why it continues to happen, also notice it does it more frequently if i let the gas go low about a quarter tank.. Im so lost help please

Hello, This sounds like it may be related to the evaporative emissions system. As the fuel tank gets lower on fuel, more fumes begin to build up which increases the need to expel these fumes. Your car has a small purge valve called a purge solenoid in the Evaporative Emissions system that controls the venting of fumes from the fuel tank as these fumes build up inside, particularly when you are refueling the car with gas. The EVAP system prevents fuel vapors from the fuel tank from escaping into the atmosphere. The EVAP system collects and temporarily stores the fuel vapors in the charcoal canister. The charcoal canister is filled with activated carbon pellets that can absorb the fuel vapors. When the engine is running, the fuel vapors are purged from the canister and burned in the engine. The vent control valve (solenoid) controls the flow of outside air in and out of the charcoal canister. The vent valve is controlled by the engine computer (PCM). Normally the vent valve is open. It closes when the engine computer tests the EVAP system for leaks. If a leak in the EVAP system is detected, the Check Engine light will illuminate on the dash and the trouble code related to the problem will be stored in the engine computer. When an air leak is present in the EVAP system, the MAP sensor will not be able to determine the air density, and the MAF sensor will not be able to determine the volume of air, entering the engine correctly. This will lead to an over fueling situation or an under fueling situation depending on the size of the air leak and engine operating speeds and load. This may eventually lead to catalytic converter problems as well as misfiring problems. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My car shakes and turns off when im low on gas why? 02 isuzu axiom about to hit 200k miles