Q: Low coolant?

it was very cold out i warmed my car up for 10 minutes drove about 5 miles and it overheated i stopped then put antifreeze in it and drove the rest of the way to work it did not heat up again

Hi Shelley, It sounds like you may have been low on coolant prior to filling it up and that maybe that could have cured your problem. If that did not cure the problem, there may be other things such as a faulty thermostat, a bad water pump, potentially a faulty coolant fan relay or a clogged radiator that may have caused the problem. In the event your car overheats again, I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Low coolant?