Q: My car's engine is overheating, what could be the cause?

asked by on November 08, 2016

engine is running hot, already installed new thermostat. Not sure what is causing it

When I take off or reverse the back of my truck makes a cracking noise

You should inspect the rear driveshaft U-joints to see if the joints are bad. You may see where the joints are loose or rust around joints. You will need to replace the U-joints if they are loose or making noise....

White smoke expelled from exhaust

The excessive fuel condition is from the exhaust regeneration system malfunctioning and should be diagnosed following updated diagnostic procedures for the check engine codes received. Follow technical service bulletin 09-10-02 for an updated procedures directive.

What is the price range to reset and/or reprogram the computer?

Billing question was sent to CS for the cost to reset or reprogram a ECM (computer) for a 2008 Volvo S80 with a L6-3.0L turbo engine.