Q: My car's engine is overheating, what could be the cause?

engine is running hot, already installed new thermostat. Not sure what is causing it

Q: overheating

You put in the sealer and the stop leak may have blocked some of the radiator and heater cores causing the overheating. I would recommend flushing out the system with radiator flush and then refilling and testing it to see...

Q: On the thermostat housing on a 2013 Journey, which way does the gasket end seal to? Does it seal to the part connected to the hose?

Installing a thermostat upside down will cause the engine to overheat. Although not impossible, the thermostat will fit better one direction than the other. The coiled or spring loaded end needs to go into the engine block. The end with...

Q: What isn't working in my car? It's overheating only when I'm stopped in traffic or in a drive-thru.

It sounds like you may have a cooling fan not working. The cooling fan draws air across the radiator to lower the temperature of the coolant. This occurs at a specific temperature and a fan switch, usually on the radiator,...