Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-kabal9js:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-kabal9js:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-103658-kabal9js:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-kabal9js:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-kabal9js:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-kabal9js:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-kabal9js:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-kabal9js:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-kabal9js:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-103658-kabal9js:173:8

Q: My car occasionally won't start - 2003 Jeep Wrangler

I've starting having a problem with my Jeep starting. I initially thought it was a dead battery but after getting it juiced up at O'Reilly and having it checked out along with my starter and alternator, everything seems good with those and then the Jeep worked fine. Both times it has happened, I've been parked on a slight incline (once uphill and once downhill). Today when it happened, I was parked facing uphill and started to roll it backwards in neutral with the ignition on (so the steering wheel wouldn't lock) and the dials started to sputter and then it finally turned on (while it was rolling WITHOUT POPPING THE CLUTCH). Is this a problem with my battery terminals being dirty or is it a problem with something in my electrical system in general? If it were just the ignition circuit, wouldn't everything else work (headlights, etc)?

A: Hello there. Many common faults will cause ...

Hello there. Many common faults will cause your 2003 Jeep Wrangler not to start. You have done great in having the battery load tested, and the alternator and starter ruled out as these are most often the culprits. Other likely causes for an intermittent no start condition are the ignition switch, battery cables, wiring harness fault, battery terminals, or a shorted wire.

A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the specific reasons why your car is not starting, perform an inspection to check for electrical problems and make any repairs required to get your car back in proper working order.