Q: My car is overheating

Hi one day my car started smoking, I wasn't driving so idk if it over heated, then one day I went to my car and there was a giant puddle I got in the car and had it run for awhile and nothing happen I even ran the engine to about 2000, nothing happened so I drove for. About 20 30 feet. And the car started to over heat the car wen past the hot I got a towe and haven't drove the car since so I was wondering what could the problem be

A: Hi there. First, you’ll have to determine w...

Hi there. First, you’ll have to determine what the puddle was and where it came from. If it was coolant, then there is a substantial leak that needs to be addressed. It is possible that internal engine damage occurred when it overheated, but the vehicle would need to be inspected by a qualified technician to be sure. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your coolant leak and overheating problem so you can avoid any unnecessary part replacements and get an accurate estimate of the needed repairs.