Q: Coolant leak and heater is not functioning

I don't get any heat. I lose about a 1/4 of antifreeze within 3 days. The leak is near the belts area. I am not sure where though. The temperature gauge do not show it is getting hot enough. I do not know where the thermostat is located. When I removed the radiator metal cap that is located on the top near the antifreeze tank it is not one in there.

How much would it cost to repair?

Hello. If your engine is leaking coolant then it is likely causing, at least partially, your heater malfunctions. The heater uses engine coolant to generate heat and if the engine is leaking or runs low the coolant may not reach the heater, which will cause it to not function properly. The same can also be caused by other issues, such as a faulty heater control valve, or a bad blend door actuator. A leak near the belts may be coming from a few different places, possibly the water pump, water outlets, or even from the intake manifold. As engine leaks could quickly lead to overheating, I would recommend having a professional technician such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the source of your leak, as well as the exact cause of your heater issues.

3. Coolant leak and heater is not functioning