Q: My car is having issues. Can you try to help me ?

I have a 2007 Mazda CX-7 and it's making a weird noise when I hit the gas. I'm thinking it might be the camshaft sensor. It also blows smoke out of the muffler from time to time. Also, when you step on the gas it takes a while to speed up.

A: Noises can come from any number of componen...

Noises can come from any number of components on your vehicle. Being unable to hear the noise makes it difficult to tell you where it is coming from. It would be rare that a camshaft sensor would be the source of a noise. It can however, be the cause of your slow pick up. If you would like this looked at in person, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose the noise and perform any needed repairs.