Q: My car has stalled several times and the wench light comes on. I turn the car off and back on and the light goes away. What could

Car has stalled several times and the wrench light comes on. Turn the car off and restart and the wrench goes away. What could be the issue?

If the check engine light has come on, it is possible that trouble codes are available ad those codes may provides clues as to why the engine is stalling. I would suggest that you request a check engine light diagnostic and the mechanic will advise you from there, based on his or her findings. Common causes of stalling are a faulty mass airflow sensor, faulty engine coolant temperature switch/sensor (typically at cold start only), faulty camshaft or crankshaft position sensors, worn spark plugs, wires or defective ignition coil(s), inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors, faulty fuel pump or pump circuit), contaminated or old gasoline, defective throttle position sensor, faulty idle air control valve, leaks in the EGR system, intake vacuum leaks, and so forth. The bottom line is if you request either the check engine light diagnostic or an engine stalling diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My car has stalled several times and the wench light comes on. I turn the car off and back on and the light goes away. What could