Q: My car drives forward when it's in reverse - is this the transmission?

I can start my truck in sounds like it has a load on it I can put it in to reverse an it will drive forward in reverse

A: The linkage between the shifter and the tra...

The linkage between the shifter and the transmission range selector may be binding or broken and not allowing a full range of movement at the transmission. The linkage connects to the transmission under the vehicle so it must be lifted or the mechanic may have to crawl under to check out the linkage. If the connections and linkage cable are good, there may be a mechanical problem inside the transmission. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your shifting problem to offer a personal diagnosis.