Q: My car chugs one and then keeps turning over

I drove it the day before and it started and ran like normal. I unhooked the battery to get red of any codes. The pressure relief valve sprayed out fuel with bunch of pressure.

Hi there. It is not advisable, to disconnect the battery to get rid of codes. The check engine/service engine soon light is there to identify drivability and emissions related concerns. Assuming, the pressure relief valve is the fuel pressure regulator, leads me to believe, the diaphragm is leaking. This is possibly, why the check engine light has come on. A fuel leak of any kind is a safety concern. Confirming the fault and replacing the leaking fuel pressure regulator has priority. I recommend having your vehicle’s no start be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.