Q: My camshaft sensor has gone out repeatedly over the past week.

The only code I get says camshaft position sensor circuit low input B1. Sensor has been replaced 3 times. Runs great for a few hours and starts dying again

Have you checked on other items to rule out problems like compression, fuel pressure and the ignition system? Poor fuel delivery or a weak ignition system may cause stalling. A technician can install a scan tool and monitor the values given by the vehicle’s sensors to determine any values that might be out of a specific range.

Use a good quality part when replacing your car parts. The pricing on many parts do make a difference. Consider hiring an experienced technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to take a look at the car and replace the camshaft position sensor if needed and determine what any underlying issues may be.