Q: My camshaft sensor has gone out repeatedly over the past week.

The only code I get says camshaft position sensor circuit low input B1. Sensor has been replaced 3 times. Runs great for a few hours and starts dying again

Have you checked on other items to rule out problems like compression, fuel pressure and the ignition system? Poor fuel delivery or a weak ignition system may cause stalling. A technician can install a scan tool and monitor the values given by the vehicle’s sensors to determine any values that might be out of a specific range.

Use a good quality part when replacing your car parts. The pricing on many parts do make a difference. Consider hiring an experienced technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to take a look at the car and replace the camshaft position sensor if needed and determine what any underlying issues may be.

3. My camshaft sensor has gone out repeatedly over the past week.