Q: My cadillac srx does a no crack no start

My vehicle starts at first and then shortly after you try to start it it doesn't work does a no crack no start I had a ignition switch recall last year and ever since I had problems so I'm wondering what it could be if it's the ignition switch or something else I have a brand new battery in there also

If your ignition switch was replaced recently and you have been having problems from that moment on, it is unlikely that the issue could be anything but an ignition switch.

In this case, I would recommend taking your vehicle back to the dealership that performed the recall service and request that they swap out your ignition switch again due to the constant problems you have had since the original replacement.

If you explain your issue to them, It is likely that they will cover the ignition switch under warranty.

If you’d like an alternative route, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose your starting issue firsthand and help you fix it accordingly.