Q: Brake pedal is hard to push

I had to change my brake switch because my vehicle wouldn't change gears and would stay in park. I changed the brake switch and everything was good, until I drove on the road and my front brakes were locked and the vehicle was not accelerating at normal speed. I had to lift my brake pedal up with my foot. To release the brakes. Now my brake pedal gets hard to push down and I have to lift it all the time. What should I do?

The most common cause for a hard to press brake pedal is simply not enough vacuum. Any brake booster requires a minimum of 18” vacuum to operate efficiently. Anything less than that will contribute to the pedal being harder to push. This can happen for a number of reasons. This can be caused by an incorrect hose that does not resist expansion being used on the line going to the brake booster. There is also something called a booster check valve that could be defective causing the air to travel straight through it rather than trapping it as it is designed to do. The brake booster itself may be failing which can also happen for many reasons. I would suggest having a professional from YOurMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your brake system.