Q: My battery is not holding a charge - 2000 Chevrolet Blazer

I'm not being able to keep charge on my truck i took my alternator to get checked that was good took my battery to get checked that was bad so i bought a new battery and it's still not keeping charge what could be the problem please i need answers thanks

Hello. A good step to take is to check all of the cables and make sure they are clean, dry, and tight. Corrosion can be hidden beneath the conduit and may be hard to see. There may also be some kind of parasitic draw on the battery when the car is off. These can come from any electric system on the vehicle.

They will likely come from something aftermarket or possibly from another system known to have issues. Alarm systems, lights, commonly-used switches, and other similar types of systems may all need to be checked. If performing these tests from home, you will need a voltmeter. You may also want some wiring diagrams to help you figure out what wires to check and what exactly to look for.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to inspect for any electrical problems and suggest the necessary repairs.