Q: My a/c isn't blowing cold air.

I got in my car yesterday turned on a/c and it didn't get cold at all. I bought a pressure gauge to see if it needed some more coolent and it didn't, it reads in the red. I then found my a/c compressor saw the a/c belt was very worn out and not even on the compressor. I know this is my fault for not paying attention to my car. I'm just uncertain whether my a/c compressor completely stopped working or, if it could be as simple as just a/c belt. I can hear the a/c engage when I turn it on but no cold air comes out. I would greatly appreciate any help.

The belt has to be on the compressor for the system to work. If you haven’t already done so, installing a new belt will be a good first step and it may solve all your trouble. But if the air conditioner still does not work, it needs to be evaluated by someone with the proper tools and training. True, you can buy a manifold gauge set and try to sort it out yourself, but unless you have the know-how, there are a few easy mistakes that you can make that can cause damage to your system or even serious injury. You can have this taken care of for you by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to evaluate your AC system and make recommendations on what you should do next