Q: My 2007 HHR will not start after the battery came disconnected while driving.

I was driving and the negative cable disconnected from the battery. I noticed after I stopped all the lights went off. So I reconnected the cable but the car will not start. I tested all fuses, starter and recharged the battery. I have tried the 30 minute relearn on both sets of keys, I havehad 3 mechanics look at it and no one can tell me why it wont start. I put the key in the ignition and all the lights come on and the radio but when I get to the 3rd notch to start the engine all power is shut off and nothing happens. Its almost like something is stopping it from conncecting.

Hi there. If an electrical fault exists that is causing your car not to start, there should be a stored error code inside the ECU that can be downloaded by a professional mobile mechanic completing a check engine light inspection. This is often the first step in diagnosing a hard to start issue anyways. If the previous three mechanics did not complete this step, I would recommend having one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location to pinpoint the source of your engine starting issues.

3. My 2007 HHR will not start after the battery came disconnected while driving.